Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-08-2017
The position creates and executes a plan for nutrition awareness, works with students on individual nutrition plans, special diets, and allergy and intolerance issues, develops programs for students to educate and promote healthy dining and sound nutrition practices, works with the executive chef to recommend food purchases, and maintains the availability and accuracy of nutrition related information. The position is also involved in the development of the culinary program assuring that students have access to nutritionally balanced meals through the dining program. The position also supports Dining operations through involvement in software programs including, but not limited to, Food Service Management Suite and NetNutrition.
1. Possession of current Registered Dietitian licensure from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations and credentials and registration from the commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2. This position is Security Sensitive and subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy. Employment is contingent upon passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. The employee may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Demonstrated experience in the development of nutrition education materials.
2. Demonstrated experience in the development of menus and food preparation procedures.
3. Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
4. Knowledge of methods and techniques used to educate and instruct individuals on nutrition related topics.
5. Knowledge of basic food service operations.
6. Ability to teach, supervise and evaluate interns.
7. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with frequent interruptions.
9. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.