Recycling Collections/Deskside Recycling
Facilities Management at CU Boulder welcomes applications for a part-time Deskside Recycling Collections position. This position provides the service of picking up paper recycling from offices on campus, 20 hours per week. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with great customer service skills.
Who we are:
Facilities Management provides a physical environment that promotes the advancement and transfer of knowledge and aims to be a dynamic, customer focused organization that provides high quality, competitive services and is recognized as a national leader in the stewardship of our physical facilities.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide weekly paper desk-side recycling services to campus offices following floorplan maps as specified by supervisor. Modify maps as needed with service changes. Act as back-up for deskside collections.
- Provide back-up service for special pick-ups and deliveries of recycling and solid waste items on and off campus. Maintain records of special pick-ups on route sheets. Position provides coverage for various recycling collection programs such as central collections.
- Maintain route records by recording amounts of all recyclables collected. Maintain simple fuel, travel and mileage records.
- Maintain, clean, perform minor inspections, and lubricate collection equipment (carts, bins).
- Maintain and clean enclosures, cabinets, and central collection sites.
What you should know:
- This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
- This class requires the individual to perform physical work involving general tasks including hauling, lifting, moving and digging, and walking for extended periods of time.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $14.30 hourly-$15.70 hourly.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be sustainable. Be engaged. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Valid State of Colorado Driver's License required.
- Must be a current resident of Colorado.
- The tasks performed do not require any specific previous education or experience. However, mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn are required.
What you will need:
- Must obtain and maintain CMV certificate within first 90 days of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 22, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09759. PI98119880
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 22, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00676297