Grant Accountant, Campus Controller's Office
The Campus Controller's Office is accepting applications for a Grant Accountant. This position works closely with the Office of Contracts and Grants, Sponsored Projects Accounting staff, principal investigators, campus departmental/research faculty and staff, and awarding agency personnel to oversee the fiscal management of various federal and non-federal contracts and grants awarded to the Boulder Campus.
• Ensure that accounts are properly coded in PeopleSoft.
• Monitor expenses for reasonableness and allowability within terms of the contract, OMB A-21 and Uniform Guidance, federal, state, agency, and University rules and regulations.
• Prepare fiscal reports - including quarterly cash reconciliation reports for Letter of Credit agencies, interim and final reports as required by contracts.
• Monitor and report cost-sharing as required.
• Advise research personnel on issues of agency policy and/or requirements. '
• Resolve issues, prepare accounting entries, process refunds, transfer fixed price funds, correct attributes in finance system in order to close accounts.
• Determine cash position, estimate cash requirements, request draws from Federal Letter of Credit accounts.
Infrastructure Enhancement (technology requirements, system upgrades and brand identity)
• Provide input, and assist with system upgrades and implementations • Identify areas of improvement within University financial systems
People Development (developing, retaining, recognizing our staff)
• Seek opportunities for professional development and training for self
• Provide suggestions for growth and development of Sponsored Projects Accounting areas
University Satisfaction (engaging with and training campus staff)
• Provide consulting, advice, and guidelines to campus personnel on the proper administration of sponsored research funds, business processes, and the use of university financial systems.
• Increase communication and collaboration with departmental personnel and other CU campuses as necessary
• Provide service to our clients on and off campus with excellence.
Process Excellence (identifying, improving, maintaining processes, including metrics)
• Ensure processes are in compliance with all Federal, State, University and campus rules and regulations
• Review and analyze all new award agreements and subsequent amendments from assigned agencies for terms and conditions, financial reporting requirements, and ensure accuracy and completeness of financial systems record.
• Monitor assigned project accounts, analyze typical expenditures as well as atypical situations, resolve any issues
• Analyze cash position, process requests for funds through individual sponsor required payment systems, resolve cash on hand when necessary
• Prepare and submit accurate financial reports to funding agencies in a timely manner; provide financial reports to internal users as requested
What we can offer:
Starting salary in the mid $40,000's, commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
• A bachelor's degree in accounting and two years of accounting experience is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and familiarity/knowledge of Access
What You'll Need
• Analytical thinking along with the ability to question the logic of information
• The ability to recognize unusual situations, question them and provide alternative solutions
• The ability to prioritize, work independently and understand and apply policies and procedures
• The ability to learn and use new software systems
• The successful candidate will pay attention to detail, use sound judgment, be a problem solver, work independently, meet deadlines and enjoy a variety of challenging work.
• This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with varying levels of authority and reliability
What We'd Like
• Work experience in a higher education environment is highly desired.
• Familiarity/knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 25, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-Job Number.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10519 - Campus Controller's Office
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus HR
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00703828