Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8-5 w/ flex time and some overtime as needed
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, and centralized administrative support services. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated Administrative Assistant II to join the Administrative Services team.
The Business Support Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant II to join our team.
This position is responsible for routine administrative support in varied areas that may include inventory, developing/creating correspondence, account reconciliation, event scheduling, purchasing, data collection, meeting logistics, payroll, and travel vouchers Reports to the Assistant Director of Administrative Services and works as part of a collaborative team to support all staff at the UNTS Business Service Center as well as some off-site groups.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Serves as first point of contact for internal and external customers, assisting with needs, providing excellent customer service
* Provides administrative support to all building staff and a group of off-site employees via routine tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangement and reimbursement, as well as provisioning of supplies.
* Purchases office, break room, and janitorial supplies for daily operations and maintains office equipment.
* Assists with facility and resource coordination, scheduling and maintaining meeting rooms and technical resources.
* Monitors and tracks purchases and reimbursements to ensure timely completion and payment.
* Provides estimates and cost comparisons to facilitate efficient stewardship of UNTS resources.
* Assists with event coordination, including room reservations, setups, resource needs, and catering.
* Corresponds on behalf of the organization with internal and external customers in a professional manner with focus on customer service.
* Provides excellent customer-centric service to staff to facilitate the work of other departments via administrative support.
* Coordinates the work of student assistants, managing their schedules, workloads, and performance.
* Approves hourly timekeeping by payroll deadlines.
* Creates payroll transactions in the ePAR system such as hires, terminations, and changes to employee data in a timely manner and tracks progress to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Assists Assistant Director as needed with projects and special assignments and events.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and three years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Basic MS Office skills
* Ability to problem-solve and make decisions.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
* Skill in composing routine letters and preparing reports.
* Skill in recording and compiling material for reports.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas experience
* Higher Education experience
* Experience working for UNT System
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting