Supervisor, Clinical Operations
Supervisor, Clinical Operations
Family Medicine - 300690
The Department of Family Medicine/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine is a multifaceted, interdisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare providers and researchers who are committed to providing excellence in clinical care, primary care education, and research. Through innovative curricular designs, early clinical experiences, and mentorship, the Department is focused on producing highly competent, caring, and compassionate Family Medicine physicians, helping reduce the shortage of primary care physicians in our Texas communities.
UNT Health is seeking to hire a Supervisor, Clinic Operations for the Family Medicine Central Clinic.
* Ensures compliance with all UNT Health/HSC policies and procedures
* Understand and adhere to the UNT Health/HSC reporting structure.
* Assists providers and senior management in implementing, productivity, and performance standards as requested.
* Coordinates work assignments and schedules staff to meet daily operational staffing needs.
* Clearly communicates with staff daily (i.e. huddles, staff memos, etc) on staffing, provider, and patient updates, policy & procedures, and other essential information.
* Serves as the key problem-solving and conflict resource for all clinic staff on patient care and business issues.
* Helps establish, implement, and follow through on performance goals for all employees directly supervised.
* Provide ongoing staff education and development.
* Ensures that employees are trained or scheduled for training for all new clinic employees and ongoing training of existing employees
* Perform all scheduling, registration, and point of service job duties in order to provide cross coverage for all clinic service positions; as required of a working supervisor.
* Provides financial counseling services for the clinic site, including setting up appropriate budget plans for clinic operations and patient payment plans.
* Ensures that insurance verification, patient demographics, reminder calls, etc. are completed daily.
* Create and coordinate provider resource scheduling management, maintenance, and scheduling tools.
* Will use established provider productivity metrics to keep patient census at desired levels and clinic cancellations to a minimum.
* Responsible for effective oversight of patient flow, from waiting room to exam room to discharge. Management of all patient scheduling and tracking. Sets the clinic tone and example for all operational processes.
* Participates in the departmental CQI.
* Functions as the site Safety Officer.
* Custodian of medical records.
* Works closely with the clinical staff to ensure that OSHA and CLIA regulations are met.
* Preparation and maintenance of 3rd party accrediting standards.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday ? Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Supervisor, Clinic Operations
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled