The Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing patient care specific to disease
management/specialization of work area including: skilled assessments, care plans
and care plan implementation, evaluations or clinical interventions, and patient education; responsible for telephone triage; and assisting with high level pre-authorizations. This position will also engage in patient and employee satisfaction initiatives; anticipate patient needs; act as a liaison for all providers; and develop collaborative working relationships with all medical providers, students, and staff.
Staff Nurse- Employee Health
H8505:University Health Service/Hosp
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday - Friday, 8AM-5PM.
The ideal candidate will possess clinical nursing experience with knowledge of
professional nursing theory and experience with employee health programs; have direct patient care experience; have the ability manage multiple activities and timelines; have an excellent medical terminology background; be well organized; exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); strong customer service skills; excellent active listening skills; possess high attention to detail; and be dependable.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer one year of experience as a staff RN.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky Registered Nurses license or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- * Please briefly describe your work experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter