Information Technology Consultant (Foundation Skill Level)/ Academic Technologies & Innovation
Employment Status: Part-time, long-term temporary position.
Work Schedule: To Be Arranged (P/T)
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning February 20, 2017.
Incumbent will report directly to the ATI Coordinator and work collaboratively with other Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) staff in Web, Instructional Materials, and Procurement.
Under immediate supervision, the Incumbent will perform the following job duties:
- Evaluate Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) for various Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products prior to requisition by CSUSB. This process involves collecting and validating VPAT documents for accuracy from a variety of sources including the product vendor and established VPAT databases. Actively engage with vendors regarding their responses to various sections of the VPAT,
- Coordinate product demonstrations, and assist with conduct usability testing on said products with various assistive technology.
- Assist in conducting additional usability testing of web, mobile, and software applications as needed.
- Assist in providing recommendations on products with documented accessibility issues that are viable for purchase, which will be included in an Equally Effective Alternate Access Plans (EEAAP) document. EEAAPs dictate appropriate workarounds so that individuals with disabilities retain equal access to the product or information contained within despite areas of inaccessibility.
- Provide feedback to vendors for creation of product accessibility roadmaps and document the vendor's progress on an annual or semi-annual basis. Vendor progress towards remediating documented accessibility issues is considered at the time of product renewal or repurchase.
- Participation in various subcommittees and working groups, including community of practice conference calls held by the Chancellor's office.
- Assist in reporting on workflow and success metrics including total number of projects completed on an annual basis. Workflow is determined by multiple priorities across various departments on campus.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Ability to work with vendors, including the ability to recognize areas of improvement in vendor responses.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and follow-up skills to ensure workflow progression within stated deadlines.
- Knowledge of various state and federal legislation that pertains to disability accommodation and accessibility.
- Two years of experience directly validating VPAT documents and demonstrate an understanding of VPAT nomenclature, including applicable knowledge of related 508 sections as they relate to the accessibility of Information Communications Technology (ICT) products.
- Strong technology skills along with an understanding of the procurement processes as it relates to the purchase of ICT as well as an understanding of WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)