Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I / Graduate Studies
Employment Status: Full-time, probationary "exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning February 21, 2017.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Under the general direction of the Interim Dean of Graduate Studies, the Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I will be responsible for day-to-day operations and ensuring department runs smoothly, particularly when the dean is out of the office.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate projects assigned to staff, follow up and make sure deadlines are met, and address staff issues.
- Serve as first point of contact to answer questions, resolve issues with students and campus community.
- Support the Interim Dean with development of a strategic analysis of graduate programs (writing, editing, researching, and working with analyst to create tables, and attending steering committee meetings). Ensure information on Strategic Analysis website is up to date.
- Hold similar responsibilities and undergo a similar process for developing department reports and grant applications.
- Oversee process, coordinate and assign work to other thesis reviewers.
- Train new thesis reviewers.
- Meet with students to answer questions and review thesis format.
- Check all theses for plagiarism and address concerns with students, deans and thesis committees.
- Develop and present thesis workshops.
- Develop new tools to assist students (online videos).
Applicants must possess the following:
- The equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related field, along with two years of progressively responsible experience.
- Experience in general office clerical work is required along with a thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices, and a thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge in PeopleSoft is required.
- A thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures is required.
- The ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects is required.
- The ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist is required.
- The ability to perform standard business math such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data and make simple projections is required.
- The ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports is required.
- The ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those of sensitive nature is required along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- The successful candidate will show that he/she is flexible about working on team tasks and is willing to take responsibility for contributing to success of the team.
- He/she will offer solutions to the team and assist other team members when needed.
A thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and software packages is preferred.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)