Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
This position is responsible for all facets of NCAA athletics compliance for a Division I FCS athletic department with 16 sports. Will be responsible for following the policies and procedures of the Conference, the College and the NCAA in the day-to-day operation of the program. Will be required to work some evenings and weekends.Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Department of Athletics’ compliance office.
- Administer, educate, monitor and enforce institutional, Southern Conference and NCAA compliance policies and procedures for all intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Manage student-athlete records in the applicable databases and coordinate with on campus offices in regards to student records (ex: Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, etc).
- Develop a comprehensive educational compliance program for all coaches, student-athletes, faculty, staff, alumni and boosters.
- Develop and implement athletics compliance policies and procedures.
- Research and issue interpretations of NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations.
- Prepare and file reports, waivers and appeals to the appropriate governing bodies within the NCAA and Southern Conference.
- Coordinate and execute forms including but not limited to; contact evaluation forms, phone logs, declaration of season forms, and NCAA eligibility forms.
- Implement and administer an institutional camp and clinic monitoring program.
- Conduct the initial eligibility certification process for all incoming freshman and transfer student-athletes, including oversight of all transcript review process.
- Prepare National Letters of Intent, Financial Aid agreements and assist coaches with student-athlete recruitment needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with NCAA CA software and recruiting software programs
- Masters degree or Law degree
- Experience with Jump Forward compliance software
- 3-5 years of compliance experience at the Division I level
The Citadel is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual, or group of individuals, on the basis of age, color, race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information or veteran's status in its employment practices.
The Citadel has a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.