Enterprise Applications Administrator
Enterprise Applications Administrator
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas welcomes applications for the position of Enterprise Applications Administrator (EAA). With a focus on supporting integrations, the EAA is responsible for providing technical support for the analysis, development, installation, administration, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems, databases, and middleware applications. In the university environment, there are also many growth opportunities to expand personal skillsets into new areas. Using a collaborative approach, the EAA will execute application integration strategies, while learning new technologies, to best serve the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Middleware team in Enterprise Information Systems, the Enterprise Applications Administrator has many important duties and responsibilities. These include:
• Support and use integration tools allowing for the seamless transmission of data from disparate systems, both for operational and reporting purposes.
• Provide application administration support, especially system, database, and software upgrades, primarily for for enterprise Windows-based systems and as a back-up for other operating systems and databases.
• Collaborate in evaluating, testing, and implementing new or upgraded software.
Perform system and database upgrades.
• Collaborate to guide the evolution and development of enterprise applications, data integrations, and best practices.
• Perform complex systems/software analysis; conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs; implement and maintain highly reliable, available, secure software.
• Automate system configuration processes using standard configuration management tools. Pursue increased system efficiency. Perform load testing.
• Monitor and troubleshoot problems.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems, or other information technology field, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
• Two years experience administering a Microsoft SQL Server database, and in the use of SQL statements. Additional experience with MySQL or other SQL databases is a plus.
• Two years experience administering Windows applications.
• Experience with standard integration platforms and REST APIs.
• Experience with administering Linux systems, including shell scripting, is a plus.
• Experience with automated system configuration is a plus.
• Experience with object-oriented programming is a plus.
• Experience working in higher education with an understanding of higher education business practices is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability and interest in growth and learning new skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to effectively interpret and translate business needs and report on system trends or issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective trust relationships with technical team, data stewards, and business users.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks accurately with attention to detail including the ability to prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivation and self-direction, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
• Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, application, and resume online at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/587460.html
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Summary information on the St. Edward's University benefits package can be found here.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.