As YinzCam's next Android Developer, you will be working on apps that are promoted by sports teams/stadiums as their OFFICIAL mobile app, and that will, therefore, be in the hands of millions of fans around the world. You will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly-skilled and experienced mobile developers, to work closely with designers, to innovate with new features (such as augmented reality, gaming, etc.), to interface with databases and official league/team statistics and editorial-content feeds, to interface with third-party SDKs and plug-ins, and more.
Desired Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years' experience with Android programming
- Required API experience in intermediate to advanced UI, networking, multimedia
- Extensive knowledge of Android's resource system and experience developing for multiple screens, form factors, and densities
- Experience with RESTful web services using XML/JSON data formats
- Strong proficiency in Eclipse, ADT, command-line adb tools
- Experience with SVN, Git, or other version control systems
- Strong shell command-line and scripting skills
- Experience with or exposure to a wide variety of Android APIs: e.g., location services, GCM, animations, gestures, in-app billing, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Android-specific memory optimization techniques, especially bitmap management
- Experience with Android WebView API, including JS interfaces
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages
- Have at least one app that you developed (or contributed substantially to) and released in Google Play
We have the traditional benefits (medical, dental, vision which are 100% paid by the company & 401K) but our casual environment and love for our employees is what sets us apart.
A few of our "perks"
- Generous paid time-off
- Casual work environment.
- Collaborative and open-minded environmen
- Flexible work hours as long as you are in the office during core hour
- Gym membership
- Paid parking
- Fully stocked fridge
- Snack-filled kitchen
- Do you want to watch a game during work then turn on the TV!
- Convenient location - walking distance to restaurant, bars & shopping
Please submit your resume and highlight
- Your overall technical skills and background
- Your relevant professional and academic experience
- Your mobile-app development skills (mention example projects, which APIs were primarily used, number of months of experience, etc.)
YinzCam is a Pittsburgh-based mobile sports-technology startup company, a Carnegie Mellon spin-off, with 14+ million downloads of its mobile apps worldwide, and its current clients including 135+ NFL, NHL, NBA, NRL, CFL and MLS teams, and NCAA College Athletics.
YinzCam's mobile apps are in the hands of millions of sports fans around the world, allowing them to stay in touch with the favorite teams 24x7x365, by providing fans with real-time stats, multimedia, streaming radio, social-media and much more. The company's mobile-video technology is also being deployed in sports venues throughout the country to allow fans to watch instant replays, live cameras (including the NFL RedZone channel) on their smartphones, tablets or touchscreen computers.
Wed, 24 May 2017 10:34:25 PDT