HomeMeds Program Coordinator
Candidate should have an education background in one or more of the following:
Pharmacy Tech program; BS degree in Nutrition; BS degree in Pharmacy; or BS in another medical related field.
Candidates should have good knowledge of medications and be comfortable using a computer and general forms of computer software. Candidate must be willing to submit to a background check and have current driver's license and proof of automobile insurance. Successful candidates should enjoy working with clients and their caregivers, clients' health concerns, and effecting positive outcomes. Strong computer skills, attention to detail, previous experience with MS office programs especially with Excel, and pleasing customer service skills.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week and these will be scheduled during our normal working hours of Monday through Thursday, 8:00a-4:30p and Friday, 8:00a-3:30p.
Mileage reimbursement at the prevailing rate approved by the IRS will be available if any travel to clients' homes is necessary. Candidates will be offered a competitive salary and be provided the tools necessary to complete job tasks.
- Should have experience volunteering or working with older adults
- Specialized training regarding medications is a plus
- Should have good customer service skills and good computer skills and be able to demonstrate such
- Able to use MS office programs and is comfortable using Excel
- Must be a self-starter, be able to take initiative, and demonstrate proof from past employment history
- Must be willing to drive to clients' homes and work with clients' in their homes
- Must be willing to use the phone extensively to call and work with clients
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Gather clients' information from the MOWI client database
- Enter clients' medication information into the required software
- Work with a consultant Pharmacist and communicate any clients' medication concerns
- Talk with and/or counsel one on one with clients and their caregivers about any medication issues
- Communicate with clients' and/or caregivers over the phone on a routine basis to ensure follow-through of medication concerns
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of clients seen and to be seen and enter information into an evidence-based software package
- Provide accurate and comprehensive reports to funding agencies and evaluators
- Collaborate with other professionals working on this project.
Send Resume to:
Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Contact Person: Sherry Simon, RDN/LD and Allison Feather, RDN/LD
5740 Airport Freeway
Haltom City, TX 761117
Fax to: 817-338-1066
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County (MOWI) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization that has operated independently in Tarrant County since 1973. We provide hot, nourishing meals to homebound elderly and disabled persons in Tarrant County who are unable to prepare meals for themselves and who have no one to do so for them. The meals, daily contact by caring volunteers, and professional case management allow frail, homebound persons to remain in their own homes... where they want to be.
Fort Worth, TX
Sun, 4 Jun 2017 09:00:58 PDT