Assistant Director for Career and Professional Development
Assistant Director for Career and Professional DevelopmentJob Description:
The Assistant Director for Career Services herein described is assigned to the Career & Professional Development Group within the Career Resource Center (CRC), and serves as the Assistant Director for Career and Professional Development. Incumbent is responsible for all aspects of counseling/coaching and career education, liaison activities, and development of programs to support student populations at the University of Florida. Incumbent is principally responsible for developing and delivering individual and group coaching and counseling and outreach. Works with campus partners in colleges and non-college units to educate students about career development topics.
(40%) The functions completed through this position will advance UF students career readiness and preparation through developing and delivering career development programs and resources for University of Florida students. Ensure proper promotion of in-person and virtual career development programs, resources, and services. The incumbent will work with members of Career and Professional Development area of CRC to develop, implement and present programs to help students navigate various phases of the career development.
(20%) Provides individual and group career planning services to all UF students. Participates in weekly appointments to all students (undergraduate and graduate). Provides follow-up appointments to help students in their career-decision making, exploration and finding experience. May administer and interpret a variety of career assessments.
(20%) Engages employers, faculty, campus leaders, alumni and families to develop programs and services to assist students with their career exploration and preparation. Stays current with recent trends, resources and research addressing student issues. Reports the effectiveness of programs designed to meet the needs of students.
(10%) Evaluate effectiveness of programs and services. Stay current with recent trends, resources, and research addressing student issues. Reports the effectiveness of programs designed to meet the needs of students
(10%) Serves as liaison to one or more college and targeted student populations within the University of Florida, providing specialized career development outreach, education and support to administrators, faculty, staff and students of the specified college(s).Performs administrative duties as assigned by the Manager for Career and Professional Development or higher authorities in the department and division.
$47,476 as listed.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in counseling, student personnel, higher education administration or related field.
• Ability to provide intentional and ethical coaching to students.
• Ability to integrate student development, experiential learning, counseling theories, career development theories when working with students.
• Multicultural competency and sensitivity.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Candidate should be energetic, flexible, organized, and innovative.
• Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills.
• Experience in Career Services setting or Student Affairs is highly desirable.
• Strong interest in working with experiential education and promoting experiential education to employers through outreach.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No