Director of Experiential Programs and Assistant In Clinical Education
Dir & Ast InJob Description:
The College of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research seek an innovative leader for the position of Director of Experiential Programs. The Director will also hold a full-time, 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant In Clinical Education. The Director will report to the Assistant Dean for Clinical Education.
The Director of Experiential Programs:
- Oversees daily operations of the Office of Experiential Programs (OEP)
- Provides oversight and mentoring for the Regional Coordinators
- Works closely with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs to facilitate recruitment and retention of high quality preceptors and experiential sites
- Implements the approved IPPE and APPE curriculum
- Provides orientation to experiential learning for students, coordinates student schedules, and oversees student and site evaluations
- Implements and maintains a continuous quality improvement program, ensuring high-quality preceptors and experiential sites
- Develops and provides preceptor orientation, training, and development that includes both live and web-based programs
- Manages the budget for the OEP in conjunction with the Assistant Dean for Clinical Education
- Represents the Department and the COP to external stakeholders including, preceptors, state pharmacy organizations, and the Florida Board of Pharmacy
Faculty members are also expected to contribute in the areas of teaching and service.
For additional information, visit:
College of Pharmacy: http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Applicants should have a Pharm.D. degree with two years of post-graduate training (residency or fellowship). Eligibility for Florida licensure is required. Excellent teaching and communication skills are essential. FDLE Criminal Background Check Required.Preferred Qualifications:
Previous teaching experience, a thorough understanding of experiential education, familiarity with accreditation standards and with evaluation and assessment of experiential education, and experience in mentoring students and/or residents are preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting June 14, 2017.
Applicants should submit: (1) a letter of interest; (2) a CV; and (3) contact information for at least three professional references. Questions may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Carinda Feild, UF College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research, PO Box 100486, Gainesville, FL 32610-0486. Email: CFeild@cop.ufl.edu
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.Health Assessment Required: No