OPS Multi-Service Veterinary Technician
OPS Hourly Non-Secretary/ClerkJob Description:
The University of Florida Small Animal Hospital is seeking a veterinary technician to assist a variety of specialty services within the hospital.
- This individual should be interested in providing exemplary veterinary care, teaching veterinary students, communicating with a large team, and working with a variety of specialty services.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical assistance including general nursing care, assisting in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, sample submission and interpretation, and some specialty-specific nursing skills.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, has strong interpersonal skills, and has a strong desire to develop their skills and knowledge.
- This position requires a post-offer health assessment.
$14.00-$17.00 per hour, commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician.
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications.
- Ability to maintain an effective working environment while in stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes