Electrical Design Engineer
Candidate should be able to demonstrate recent hands-on experience in:
- 3+ years recent experience in embedded hardware development in high-technology applications
- Recent hardware design experience; Design of 3+ boards in the last year
- Analog and digital circuits experience
- Some embedded systems software design experience
- Motor control systems a plus
Candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Basic electrical and software engineering concepts
- Design, analysis and testing of controller operated digital and analog electronics
- IGBTs, Mosfets, and other power drivers and current sensors
- Motor control systems
- Release management and document control
- Application lifecycle management
- Analog and digital circuits
- A/D and D/A converters
- OrCAD schematics tool
- FPGA and high speed signal processing
- Digital Signal processing, control systems and digital filters
- TCP/IP, C+/C++ knowledge a plus
- Sensor-less motor control knowledge a plus
- Military standards knowledge a plus
- Military project RFP process knowledge a plus
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain controller operated digital and analog electronics in accordance with established company methodologies and processes.
- Recommend and implement hardware solutions and improved practices.
- Guide mechanical engineering, hardware packaging, and board layout activities.
- Provide feedback on hardware requirements related to design, and feasibility.
- Work with team members to develop complete systems (hardware & software).
- Perform product design and development activities with a high degree of independence and creativity.
- Be responsible from start to finish of new product development including; product definition, design, parts selection and qualification.
- Formulate product designs using scientific analysis and mathematical models.
- Generate engineering documentation e.g. specification, schematics, layouts, BOM and qualification reports.
- Assist with development and testing of PC graphical user interfaces.
- Follow programming guidelines and use a software version control system.
- Document test plans and test results.
- Design test stand equipment.
- Coordinate and execute hardware releases, version upgrades, and custom interfaces according to company quality assurance practices.
- Create and review design and product information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy.
- Consult with other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system designs.
- Participate in product definition and review activities.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A hands-on, "get it done" attitude
- Strong communication and leadership ability
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines
- Creativity and self-motivation to solve unique and complex technical problems
- Ability to mentor entry-level engineers
- Desire to lead teams and be promoted to higher levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows 7, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Strategic Talent Solutions
Simi Valley, CA
Mon, 22 May 2017 09:21:10 PDT