AV SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Lafayette College seeks a customer service-oriented AV Support Technician to join its Instructional Technology team, which is a part of the Division of Information Technology Services (ITS). The AV Support Technician provides user support for and maintains technology-enabled classrooms and meeting spaces at Lafayette College. The AV Support Technician also works with other members of ITS to ensure the technology installed in these spaces is compatible with and conforming to a set of rigorous technology standards. The preferred candidate will be familiar with current and emerging trends in instructional and presentation technology, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of how technology can enable a variety of teaching methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide level 1 support for classroom systems, which includes responding to urgent help requests.
● Provide one-on-one and just-in-time training to faculty, staff, students, and guest presenters on the operation of AV systems.
● Maintain AV systems installed in classrooms and other spaces on campus, which includes replacing lamps, cables, filters and other parts.
● Assist with the installation of AV systems by working closely with other ITS staff, other college departments, and outside vendors.
● Create training guides and documentation.
● Maintain an inventory of AV equipment and supplies.
Knowledge and Skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to work with diverse populations.
● Ability to communicate technical concepts in user-friendly language.
● Highly self-motivated and directed.
● Effectively troubleshoot and operate in high-pressure situations.
● Demonstrated proficiency in the operation and maintenance of AV systems including but not limited to projection, display, audio, and control systems.
● An ability to read AV schematic diagrams and architectural drawings.
● Knowledge or experience with Extron control systems. Programming experience is a plus.
● Working knowledge of Apple and Windows hardware and software.
● Basic networking knowledge.
● Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
● Lift, carry, or otherwise move equipment up to 50 pounds; climb ladders up to 12 feet, use hand tools, and work in tight spaces.
● Ability to and interest in training and supervising student workers.
● Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a field related to audio-visual technology, information systems/technology, instructional technology, or closely related degree from an accredited institution.
● At least 2-3 years of documented experience in a similar position. Experience in an academic environment is a plus.
● A combination of education, certifications, and work experience in the AV/IT field may be substituted to meet the minimum qualifications.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please visit http://apply.interfolio.com/41480.