$51,912.00 - $106,386.00 Annually
Applied Science, Business & Technology
6/19/2017 5:00 PM Pacific
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Applied Science, Business and Technology, the Associate Professor/Professor of Engineering teaches organized classes primarily in the Engineering discipline; the primary responsibility is to teach 15 units (per term) in the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Instruct courses in Engineering in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
2. Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
3. Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
4. Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
5. Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
6. Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
7. Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting, equipment and supply purchases and tracking, and budget development.
8. Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
9. Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
10. Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester.
11. Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
(NOTE: A Bachelor's in any field of engineering with a professional engineer's license is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW