Director of Assessment
Oakland City University invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Assessment. This position is integral to the university’s strategic and accreditation efforts, as well as the institution’s focus on continuous improvement.
- Education: Master’s degree in higher education, public administration, education research social science, statistics or other relevant field, minimum; Doctorate preferred
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience directly to duties and responsibilities specified (e.g., college level teaching, formal assessment processes, accreditation initiatives, administrative leadership)
- Knowledge: Understanding of statistical analysis, college curricula, and instructional programs
- Skills: Facility with data analytics; effective communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and multiple projects; proven abilities to develop and implement strategic initiatives; leadership ability
The Director of Assessment leads the Office of Assessment and is immediately responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive institutional assessment program to support the university’s mission, strategic initiatives, and accreditation efforts.
The Director of Assessment’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and coordinating strategic assessment programs, projects, and activities campus-wide.
- Developing and establishing strategic and operating goals, policies, procedures, and budget for the Office of Assessment.
- Leading and supervising office personnel, including work allocation, training, and problem resolution; providing performance management feedback.
- Supporting continuous academic program assessment (curricular and co-curricular activities) and improvement of student learning through consultation, mentoring, and hands-on training.
- Leading the development, organization, analysis and reporting of student learning outcomes and related activities to support program, school, and university-wide strategic planning.
- Supporting ongoing development and implementation of comprehensive outcomes assessment programs for all academic and administrative units to support achievement of the university’s strategic plan.
- Participating in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support program reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately using them.
- Interpreting assessment findings and preparing annual assessment reports to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development.
- Providing strategic advice and consultation to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of modifications and enhancements to existing operations, policies, systems, and procedures.
- Coordinating all assessment and institutional effectiveness activities needed for compliance and accreditation efforts in collaboration with relevant faculty and staff.
If interested in the position, please respond by submitting a completed employment application form (available at http://www.oak.edu/about/careers-at-ocu), a detailed letter describing relevant experiences, and a current curriculum vitae. References will be requested for applicants who are being strongly considered.
Apply for Director of Assessment
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly