Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Oakland City University is looking for a dynamic Director of Curriculum and Instruction to provide leadership on teaching and learning matters across the university, including traditional face-to-face instruction and online courses.
- Doctorate (Ph.D./Ed.D.) in related field
- Experience with higher education teaching and pedagogy for a variety of delivery modes (e.g., face to face, hybrid, online)
- Credentials and experience for a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in one of the university schools (Business, Education, Arts and Sciences, Chapman/Religious Studies)
- Experience with faculty professional development preferred
Provide leadership and collaborate with relevant university administrators, faculty and staff to determine priorities as well as develop and implement new initiatives and programs to improve teaching and learning across the university.
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating university-level initiatives to enhance instruction and assessment across a variety of delivery modes, in collaboration with relevant faculty and staff.
- Conducting ongoing needs assessments on campus and sites to determine the best use of resources and staff to enhance teaching, learning, and assessment at the university.
- Driving and launching services that promote best practices and emerging trends in teaching, learning, and assessment, such as faculty professional development, consultation, workshops, etc.
- Advancing assessment and evaluation support for curricular reform and pedagogical innovation and providing regular evaluation of services and programs offered.
- Representing the university on issues of pedagogical innovation and advances in instructional technology.
- Piloting, launching and supporting enterprise level learning technologies initiatives, including the university’s learning management system, etc.
- Serving on a range of university committees engaged in improving teaching and learning.
- Supervising relevant staff, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested in the position, please respond by submitting a completed employment application form (available at http://www.oak.edu/about/careers-at-ocu), a detailed letter describing relevant experiences, and a current curriculum vitae. References will be requested for applicants who are being strongly considered.