Administrative Clerk - Residential Life & Housing (1724)
Provide administrative support for the Office of Residential Life & Housing, including general reception duties, administrative assistance, multi-media management, and schedule coordination.
- Answer and refer phone calls, take and distribute messages.
- Monitor office's main email account; respond to general inquiries, redirect/forward emails to the appropriate staff member.
- Greet and assist office visitors.
- Answer general inquiries.
- Assist in loaner key distribution & moving cart sign out.Receive and distribute office mail.
- Monitor and maintain office social media accounts.
- Generate literature and incentives to attract student interest.
- Post proactive, relevant information as needed; including deadline reminders, office announcements, event updates, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of office media initiatives; including HMS Contact Management, Facebook, and Tele-video monitors.
- Activate student meal plans using Odessey PCS and Cbord HMS software.
- Access, review, and verify student information from a variety of digital record keeping systems as well as manual files.
- Generate data reports using MS Excel spreadsheet
- Assist in the collection of student information in compliance and coordination with the United States Census Bureau.
- Assist in the supervision of student office workers; delegate work as needed.
- Monitor and maintain the schedules of 6 professional staff members; including setting up general appointments and judicial meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of meeting space reservations and scheduling.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Required, bachelors degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word & MS Excel.
- Ability to utilize web-based applications.
- Familiarity with both OS X operating system and Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to utilizeweb-based application, including, but not limited to social media and housing management system platforms.
- Working knowledge Adobe Photoshop preferred. (typing average 50 wpm).
- Must demonstrate inter-cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
This is a Local 153 Clerical Staff Position
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE