Student Services Officer 2
Student Services Officer 2
Job Number: 75129
Student Services Officer 2 The School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences is seeking an experienced candidate for a Student Services Officer 2 position to provide support for all Student Services matters - academic and financial for the Earth System Science (ESS) department. The successful candidate will be expected to work with considerable independence, initiative and expertise on projects that require the application of established University student services and financial management procedures. Some of the tasks you will handle in this position include*: Academic Affairs:
- Manage all aspects of graduate student program, including interpretation of guidelines, analysis and problem solving, and advising/recommending action plans that support individual and cohort success
- Work with Admissions Committee to support annual process, including communication and complex statistical analysis.
- Provide advising for newly-enrolled and continuing students regarding policy understanding in areas of financial aid, program requirements, department degree expectations and academic progress
- Oversee student progress, monitoring candidacy, TGR status, and timely compliance with department-set milestones.
- Allocate and oversee teaching assistant (TA) assignments, resolving problems as needed
- Manage course time schedule, Stanford Bulletin entries, room scheduling, and other logistics related to a strong academic operation
- Manage recruitment and implementation of postdoctoral scholar appointments.
- Develop and maintain currency of Student Handbook and web resources
- Serve as Advisor to ESS Graduate Student Representatives
- Manage funding from multiple sources for student tuition, stipends, awards, course operations, and recruitment, including regular status reporting and special analyses
- Reconcile relevant accounts, trouble-shoot, and ensure corrective action as needed
- Work with faculty to determine appropriate student support and project fund availability for multiple years
- For specific purpose funds, budget for availability, approve use, and provide reporting as required by department need or agency requirements
- Oversee and implement the setup and maintenance of financial aid and other support for all graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, ensuring compliance with University, School and Department policies and practice
- Understand and monitor TA budget to ensure adequate teaching coverage, and develop annual request for funding
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
Job: Student Services
Location: School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.