Web and Mobile Developer
Web and Mobile Developer
Job Number: 75173
Stanford University is seeking a talented Web and Mobile Developer to join the Digital MEdIC team and help create interactive content to support learning for a global audience. Under the supervision of Digital MEdIC's Innovations Lead, the developer will work closely with the technology and instructional design teams to build interactive activities and medical simulations for web, Android and iOS systems, and will contribute to the design and implementation of the overall Digital MEdIC platform. The developer will be an integral part of making Digital MEdIC's content interactive and effective in delivering learning outcomes to a global audience.
Digital MEdIC (www.digitalmedic.org), an initiative from Stanford Medicine, reimagines education for tomorrow's healthcare professional by offering a medical education curriculum that is digitally enhanced, customizable, and globally connected. Through this initiative, we plan to digitize, modularize, and disseminate our medical school curriculum to a worldwide audience of learners.
- Design, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Design and build a native Digital MEdIC app for Android and iOS.
- Implement and maintain content management systems, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of Stanford-specific modules. Develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
- Evaluate and implement new programming languages and technologies. Provide life-cycle management for software and code.
- Design, coordinate, and troubleshoot integrations, components, and infrastructures to run enterprise class website.
- Research, evaluate, and enforce web standards for usability and accessibility. Develop and enforce Stanford programming and application design standards.
- Facilitate vendor relationships.
- 5+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- 5+ years of PHP and SQL experience
- 3+ years of HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- 3+ years programming for Android and iOS
- Experience with e-Learning and online education programs
- Experience working with international teams
- Comfortable using Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Solid understanding of responsive design
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Ability to produce standards-compliant, accessible (i.e., Section 508 compatible), cross-browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari), and gracefully-degrading code.
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated significant experience developing for web content management systems.
- Demonstrated significant experience in developing websites and web applications using open source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code.
- Ability to hand code HTML.
- Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software on UNIX-like platforms and web servers.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and related analyses.
- Ability to design and manage relational databases.
- Ability to design and implement web services.
- Ability to interact positively with and build consensus among a diverse group of colleagues, clients, and senior leadership.
- Ability to understand and manage greater web environment.
- Ability to design and integrate complex web enterprise systems.
- Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop workarounds to accommodate specialized user/client needs and device platforms.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Strong visual acuity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.