The Graham County Community College District Governing Board invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Eastern Arizona College. The current president of the College is retiring in May of 2018 after sixteen years of service.
Eastern Arizona College’s District Offices are located in Thatcher, Arizona, a beautiful rural area about 125 miles northeast of Tucson and 165 miles southeast of Phoenix. The College is a comprehensive community college serving Graham, Greenlee and Gila Counties. During 2016-2017, the College enrolled over 6,900 students. The institution’s current annual budget exceeds $60 million.
Candidates for the position should have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrated commitment to students and a vision for improving the quality of education.
• An effective communicator, who is sensitive and responsive to the needs of the College, and who builds and nurtures trust, mutual respect and collegiality with the College administration, faculty, staff, students and community.
• A commitment to diversity and inclusivity in its many forms and at all levels of the College community.
• Demonstrated success and experience in fiscal management, organizational management, strategic planning and academics.
• Demonstrated leadership in building relationships and developing partnerships with businesses, local area public schools, Joint Technical Education Districts, health organizations, industry, and community leaders.
• A strong understanding of the changing educational environment and demonstrated strategic thinking regarding innovative and creative responses to challenges, including the use of technology to facilitate learning.
• Demonstrated success in working effectively with an elected governing board and with local and state legislators.
• Commitment to and knowledge of community and economic development.
• Demonstrated success in working with legal processes related to educational management.
• A successful record in fundraising and the ability to cultivate both new and existing donors and funding sources.
• A willingness to foster entrepreneurial ideas for growing the College’s resources, including creative ideas for the expansion or development of new and existing facilities.
• Demonstrated experience with the Higher Learning Commission’s Open Pathway for Reaffirmation of Accreditation.
• An understanding of the relationship between a rural community college and the community it serves.
• Experience with a multi-campus district.
In addition, the next president should possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution, or a master’s degree plus appropriate experience that would justify a waiver of the doctorate degree.
Application process: Applicants must submit a letter of transmittal describing how he/she meets each of the above profile items. Applicants should also submit a current resume and the names and telephone numbers of six current references. Send application materials to:
President Search Committee
Eastern Arizona College District Office
615 N. Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, Arizona 85552-0769
The successful candidate will begin employment on a mutually agreeable date. The President Search Committee will begin reviewing resumes on August 7, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
For further information on Eastern Arizona College, visit the web site at www.eac.edu.
Eastern Arizona College is an equal opportunity employer seeking and supporting a diverse workforce.
Eastern Arizona College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities on the basis of race, creed, color or national origin, sex, disability, or age. Approved for veterans benefits.