Graduate Admissions Counselor and Communications Coordinator
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Graduate Admissions Counselor position. As part of an established and successful graduate admissions recruitment team, the counselor will be responsible for successfully recruiting, advising, and evaluating students for the programs assigned, to meet enrollment goals. The counselor will work with students from inquiry to matriculation. The successful candidate will serve as the communications lead for the Graduate Admissions by coordinating and facilitating a comprehensive communication plan. This individual will report to the Assistant Vice President of Graduate Admissions and work in collaboration with the program Directors and faculty to maximize the quality of students interested in their chosen programs.
- Work closely with the AVP to ensure enrollment goals are met as outlined by the University.
- Responsible for assisting graduate candidates from inquiry through matriculation.
- Provide quality customer service by quickly responding to telephone, email, online and other inquiries from prospective students to ensure individual attention.
- Conduct outreach to external constituencies, specifically key colleges, and professional associations, organizations, and employers to maximize program visibility and Dominican’s access to potential prospective candidates.
- Implement recruiting strategies including marketing programs, attending fairs, making presentations to prospective students on and off campus including campus Information Sessions and other recruitment initiatives.
- Conduct on-campus advising sessions for prospective applicants.
- Work closely with program directors and faculty to develop a clear understanding of the programs, post degree employment paths and related trends.
- Will have specific duties related to communications, record management and review within the customer relations management system (CRM/ Slate).
- Serve as the communications lead for Graduate Admissions by helping to develop, deploy and ultimately manage a multi-channel communication plan via print, web, email, social media and new emerging communication channels. Develop touch points through all stages of the enrollment cycle.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Department to plan and execute activity for graduate programs. Coordinate with vendors on all aspects of digital marketing.
- Update and maintain the website for Graduate Admissions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years admissions, university, community college, non-profit or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering persuasive presentations
- Strong time management and organization skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned and some travel required
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication, and problem solving skills
- Technology skills including: Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite, prior CRM, presentation software, and social media experience.
- Master’s degree
- Higher education, sales, marketing or related experience desirable
- Working knowledge of graduate school recruitment and admissions techniques and the factors that influence retention
Additional Position Information
- Current driver license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Extensive walking and lifting may be required
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 15, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a
1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.