BPI - Public Health Project Manager
The Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) enrolls over 300 incarcerated women and men across six New York State prisons in Bard College degree-granting programs. Public Health is an area of curricular specialization in the BPI undergraduate curriculum designed to prepare students for graduate study or careers in the rapidly changing fields of Public Health, healthcare, and community health.
- Overseeing of the existing employer network that creates career opportunities for formerly incarcerated individuals in Public Health, and continue to expand it;
- Will oversee BPI’s development of academic pathways in Public Health for students interested in continuing their education post-release (at the undergraduate and graduate levels);
- Assume responsibility for management of the Public Health Fellowship;
- Collaborate with BPI central office staff on management of BPI’s Public Health curriculum inside the prisons where it operates.
- The position involves working both in and outside of state correctional facilities, with approximately 25% of work time on the inside.
- The position could involve teaching in the college program, but this is not required.
- MPH or higher preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with justice-system-involved individuals not required.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/42528
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.