Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball (part-time)
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Curry College invites applications for a part-time Head Coach for our Women’s Volleyball team. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful Division III Volleyball Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC), Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), and any other conference the school is affiliated with complying with all rules, regulations, and policies.
The Head Coach will be responsible for the advisement and training of the Volleyball team, with the administrative responsibility to develop and teach the various skills and tactics of the activity. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
Teach and develop sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner.
- Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date lesson plans for practice drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved.
- Schedule practice and game preparation sessions; work with Assistant Coach on practice scheduling and competition preparation.
- Partner with the Admission Department to conduct ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes.
- Provide recruiting reports as requested to Athletic Director and Admission Department.
- Arrange and attend recruiting visits to schools, competitions and recruiting events.
- Maintain up-to-date Volleyball recruitment database, including contact information and all communication/interactions with recruits.
- Arrange on-campus visits for recruits and meet with prospective students and families.
- Participate in Open Houses, Accepted Students Day and other campus events.
- Initiate new ideas and methods to improve the program in support of the College’s goal of a successful record.
- Successfully manage budget.
- Successfully manage fundraising efforts for the Volleyball Team.
- Monitoring weight room activities for safety purposes only in and out of season.
Student Success and Retention:
- Monitor academic success of student athletes and encourage high achievement.
- Be proactive for student athletes in need with regard to study halls, progress reports, academic alerts, etc.
- Respond effectively to concerns expressed by student athletes about athletic and non-athletic issues and refer students to appropriate office on campus to address concerns (Academic Support, Counseling, Residence Life, Financial Aid, etc.).
- Attend all Athletic Department coaches meetings.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner including, rosters, purchase orders, meal expenses, eligibility forms, reimbursements and competition forms.
- Arrange all flights, hotels and bus arrangements as needed. Aid the Sports Information department in getting materials from players or coaches as needed.
- Distribute, collect and inspect all volleyball equipment.
- Coordinate work-study student assignments.
- Arrange a minimum of two (2) Service projects for the team each season.
- Partner with various members of the Milton Community to initiate service projects for the team.
- Maintain accurate records of outreach projects and share the outreach projects with the Athletic Director and Institutional Advancement Office.
- Supervise Assistant Coach and work study students as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of coaching experience at the club, high school or college level. (Head Coaching experience preferred).
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching intercollegiate sports with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to specific sport that is being coached.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and some holidays.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- The position also requires the temperament and interpersonal skills to work well with the modes and moods of student-athletes within the stress and tension periods of intercollegiate athletics.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.