Assistant Women's Rugby Coach (Full-time)
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- On field teaching and player development
- Assisting head coach with practice planning, practice execution, game strategy and game management
- Monitoring student athletes' academic progress
- Administrative duties assigned by the head coach
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level
- Required Training/Cert: USA Rugby Level 100 certification or equivalent
- Preferred Training/Cert: USA Rugby Level 200 certification
- Valid, insurable driver's license required
- Strong knowledge of the sport of women's rugby
- Exceptional leadership and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of American International College.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and ability to pass NCAA recruiting test within 90 days
This is an exempt benefits level position, not limited to 40 hours, and your schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.