Horizon Engineering Associates, a leader in the building Commissioning industry,is currently searching for a Field Engineer to join our NYC Engineering team. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for:
• Site Inspections and reports
• Equipment Testing
• Submittal Review and preparation of comments
• Document and Specification reviews and updates
• Creation/execution of commissioning checklists for equipment and systems as directed
• Collection and tabulation of field data using HEA testing equipment
• Preparation and writing of reports.
• Assist in executing performance test requirements.
• Individual Time and Expense management.
• Any special projects as required
Field Engineer must have general knowledge of the following topics: Refrigeration, HVAC, Steam management and distribution systems, pumps, fans, motors, chillers, boilers, air ventilation balancing systems, BMS systems and VAV, and possess the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering, 1-4 years of experience
• Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently or in a team environment
• Strong desire to learn and participate in the company developmental training program
• Trade Professional affiliation a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Technical writing skills a plus
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
Capable of lifting at least 30 pounds and climbing ladders
Only a higher standard can get building systems right. Specializing in Building Commissioning, Consulting, and IAQ, HEA achieves a higher standard. We are one of the nation's premier building commissioning providers, having served as commissioning authority for more than 90 million square feet and $20 billion in construction cost. With offices across the country, we have one of the largest and most respected staffs of Certified Commissioning Professionals and LEED Accredited professionals in the nation.
We recognized the potential of Building Commissioning to raise industry standards from its beginnings and contributed to its development. As a pioneer, HEA commissioned the nation's first green residential high-rise building, which is also a model of sustainable design and construction principles. We continue to actively participate in the future of Commissioning and Sustainable Design through the high standards of our own practice, and through leadership in industry organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council and the Building Commissioning Association.
New York, NY
Wed, 7 Jun 2017 07:06:09 PDT