Alumni Relations Specialist
Job Title Alumni Relations Specialist
The Alumni Relations Specialist creates content and graphics that promote alumni news and information for the FGCU alumni website, social media outlets, marketing materials, and quarterly newsletter. Develops and implements a range of alumni events, programs, and services to promote alumni involvement.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization such as Marketing, Communications, or closely related discipline.
One year of experience with web content/design, marketing, social media, or video production.
One year of experience with event management.
One year of experience with graphic design, using online social networking, and other web-based initiatives.
Three years of experience in event planning, marketing, or related area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of communication principles, media, marketing, content writing, and event techniques.
Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
Knowledge of social media platforms and ability to implement social media campaigns.
Knowledge of and proficiency with database management applications such as Raiser’s Edge or similar software.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents, and volunteers.
Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur.
Ability to operate a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) applications.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to use independent judgment and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Salary Range $16.28 - $17.24 hourly ($34,000 - $36,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Monitors all social media channels and engages with audience.
•Creates content and graphics for the FGCU alumni website.
•Designs all marketing materials and solicitations.
•Designs and implements quarterly electronic newsletter.
•Provides assistance producing short videos to promote the Alumni Association initiatives.
•Oversees, maintains, and markets the FGCU Alumni App.
•Works with university departments to promote alumni news and information.
•Monitors and maintains records on analytics and overall channel performance.
•Develops comprehensive programs and activities that will increase alumni participation.
•Develops and manages signature events. Plans, organizes, and coordinates alumni events, programs, meetings, and activities to promote alumni involvement.
•Oversees the Alumni Association Board of Directors Communication and Outreach committee.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS280P
Open Date 06/07/2017
Close Date 06/21/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in area of specialization such as Marketing, Communications, or closely related discipline?
- * Do you have one year or more years of experience with web content/design, marketing, social media, or video production?
- * Do you have one (1) or more years of experience with event management?
- * Do you have one (1) or more years of experience with graphic design, using online social networking, and other web-based initiatives?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214