20 hours/week, 2:00pm to 6:00pm, no benefits
The Site Coordinator position is a site-based leadership position in the LA's BEST Program. The Site Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that their particular site operates a safe and supervised after school enrichment program, which is conducive to a child's learning, recreation, and overall enjoyable engagement.
LA's BEST - Better Educated Students for Tomorrow - is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment, and recreation program serving more than 27,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA's BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children, ages 5 to 12, at 180 LAUSD elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school - at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA's BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector.
Description of Duties
• To provide overall leadership for the implementation of the LA's BEST program at a particular site.
• To supervise and support LA's BEST site staff on their campus under direct supervision of the Traveling Program Supervisor.
• To assist staff in embedding the vision, mission & philosophy of LA's BEST into the daily implementation practices at the site.
• To assist in the recruitment, selection and hiring process for site staff.
• To ensure that staff understand and comply with all LA's BEST/LAUSD policies and procedures.
• To conduct annual performance reflections around successes and areas for improvement with site staff.
• To ensure that all staff understand and are able to execute site-based emergency safety procedures.
• To manage the site budget including personnel payroll and supply purchase.
• To collect and maintain necessary paperwork and turn-in this paperwork on or before the identified deadline.
• To maintain professional relationships and constant communication with LA's BEST traveling staff, school site administrators, school staff and parents regarding program activities.
• To engage staff and students in designing a site program schedule that reflects the interests & needs of children and the interests & talents of staff.
• To observe, assess, and provide feedback to staff and trainers around the effectiveness of implementation of training information at the site level.
• To facilitate conversations and continuous learning opportunities for site staff to strengthen their understanding and approach to engaging and connecting with children in an after school setting.
• To assist in the training and professional development of staff skills at the site level.
• To schedule and facilitate regular site staff meetings.
• To attend monthly Site Coordinator meetings, cluster meetings and trainings as scheduled.
• To perform other duties as assigned.
• Coursework toward a bachelor's degree in recreation, education or related field is desirable.
• Supervisory experience in recreation or related field is preferred.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with Los Angeles Unified School District staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents and community leaders.
• Familiarity with quality criteria for after school programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent management skills.
• Familiarity with basic computer software programs and ability to type.
• Ability to speak or write a language in addition to English is preferred.
• Available to work 2:00-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Eligible to accept LAUSD/LA's BEST assignment (which includes high school diploma/GED equivalent, fingerprinting and TB clearance).
• Willing to work evenings and weekends (on occasion).
• Willing to travel to off-site meetings, trainings and events.
This position reports to the Traveling Program Supervisor.
LA's BEST Better Educated Students for Tomorrow is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment and recreation program serving more than 27,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA's BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children, ages 5 to 12, at 193 LAUSD elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA's BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 7 Jun 2017 17:29:47 PDT