Rusk Center, Director
Faculty Rank: Academic Professional
Posting Number: 2017_00362F
Official Title: ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL
Working Title: Rusk Center, Director
Title Code: 77815
Retirement Plan: TRS or ORP
Department: SCHOOL OF LAW
The University of Georgia School of Law invites applications for the position of Academic Professional who will serve as the Director of the Dean Rusk International Law Center. The Director’s work shall consist of (a) teaching (b) service (including, among other matters, symposia, seminars and training) and ( c) administration. A faculty director (or co-directors) may advise the director but will have no direct or indirect supervisory responsibility. This position will begin July 1, 2017 and be located in Athens, Georgia. Athens is an energetic city with a vibrant arts and cultural environment. It is located 75 miles northeast of Atlanta.
To meet the requirements for appointment at the rank of Academic Professional, applicants must have a J.D. from an accredited university and should ideally have (1) superior academic credentials, (2) a superior teaching ability, (3) a record of participation in institutional and professional service, and (4) recognition in the field of international law.
• Oversee recruitment, supervision and instruction of LLM students
• Develop the international law curriculum
• Design and implement the Global Governance Summer School
• Support JD students with interest in global governance including career advice (in coordination with the Career Development Office), global externships (in coordination with the Associate Dean for Experiential Learning), the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law (in coordination with the faculty advisors) and the Jessup and Vis teams (in coordination with the Director of Advocacy)
• Plan conferences and events
• Support visiting scholars
• Seek and oversee grant funding, training grants and external funding for foreign practitioners and judges (in coordination with the Office of Advancement)
• Supervise staff
• Manage budget
• Oversee community building efforts
• Design and implement communications strategies in coordination with Office of Communications
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. All interested persons should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae/resume at http://facultyjobs.uga.edu/postings/2256
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
superior academic credentials; a superior teaching ability; a record of participation in institutional and professional service; and must be recognized in the field of international law.
Degree Level: Juris Doctor
Posting Date: 5/30/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Appointment Status: Regular
Location of Vacancy: Athens Area