Douglas County 4-H Agent
Faculty Rank: Open Rank
Posting Number: 2017_00357F
Official Title: Open Rank (Public Service)
Working Title: Douglas County 4-H Agent
Title Code: 55194
Retirement Plan: TRS or ORP
Department: NORTHWEST DISTRICT - CES
Salary Range: Minimum $46,000/year for Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) as well as an excellent benefits package as a faculty member of the University of Georgia. Reimbursement for business travel will be provided.
This County Extension Agent position is responsible for managing the 4-H program in Douglas County by providing educational programs for youth in 4-H club meetings, coordinating local activities, and preparing youth for project and judging events. It serves as a UGA Public Service Faculty member and a member of the Douglas County Extension Staff (http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/douglas/ ). It is under the direction and leadership of the Douglas County Extension Coordinator and the Northwest District Extension Director.
· Provides leadership for Program Assistants, volunteers, and teen leaders in delivering 4-H and Youth programs
· Implements the CAES Civil Rights/Equal Opportunity plan
· Utilizes the expertise of and works closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
· Develops a Plan of Work that is equitable in meeting the varied socio-economic needs of the county
· Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with others based on critical issues
· Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
· Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
· Utilizes current research data on emerging issues in program development and teaching
· Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required. Reimbursement for business travel will be provided.
A Master’s degree.
A Bachelor’s degree is acceptable for a Public Service Provisional appointment. This provisional faculty classification is offered for no more than three years without review. You may apply for a regular public service faculty appointment upon completion of an advanced degree or successful progression through the public service promotion process. See the University of Georgia Guidelines for Appointments and Promotions for Public Service and Outreach Academic Rank for complete details http://outreach.uga.edu/policies/appointment-and-promotion-guidelines/ .
• A Master’s degree in Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Education, Agriculture, Family & Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or related area.
• Successful experience in program development and management (direct 4-H experience strongly preferred), demonstrated communication ability, as well as skills in leadership and management
• The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs
• A demonstrated ability to work as a team member and engage with groups and committees
Posting Date: 5/25/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Appointment Status: Regular
Location of Vacancy: Atlanta Area