Alumni Engagement Manager
Queensborough Community College invites applications for an Alumni Engagement Manager.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Marketing and Communication Officer, the Alumni Engagement Manager is responsible for leading all Alumni Relations efforts.
The successful candidate will be charged with developing and leading a culture of innovation and engagement, and the implementation of creative and meaningful Alumni outreach strategies that utilize various communication channels, with emphasis on new and social media.
In addition to developing and executing comprehensive alumni engagement strategies and programs, the Manager will be responsible for building and advancing relationships to drive philanthropy from alumni through prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
The Manager will also collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs to develop programs that increase current student engagement with and awareness of the Alumni Association. This will include all student levels, with emphasis on initiatives transitioning students to alumni.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Develop marketing and communication strategies and plans that inspire, mobilize, and sustain alumni engagement and philanthropic support.
- Draft and manage content for social media, alumni website and other alumni content distribution platforms.
- Identify new volunteer and donor prospects through researching background information on potential donors and developing materials, marketing plans, and organizing related programs/events; cultivates, stewards, and may solicit donor prospects.
- Design and build targeted lists for engagement activities using the alumni database, review lists for accuracy and alignment with engagement goals and manage information for use in communications.
- Create and analyze statistical reports to evaluate and refine alumni engagement strategies and programs
- Determine and define the direction of alumni events, partnering as needed with advancement and other colleagues to ensure philanthropic support.
- Ensure compliance with legal, financial, professional, institutional policies, regulations, guidelines, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Monitor trends to increase alumni engagement and make recommendations to staff and senior leadership for enhancement or changes.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Solid experience and/or knowledge of alumni relations, social media, data analytics, volunteer management, fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen to convey information effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience; active listening skills; and the ability to persuade others; and to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and with external constituencies.
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of alumni database in a variety of facets, including analysis of demographic data, program/event effectiveness, and return on engagement/investment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, project management, and critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, exercise good judgment, and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong computer skills and comfort level with databases, research, social media, web pages, spreadsheets and presentations, and preferred experience using engagement platforms, customer relations management (CRM) software, query software, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in alumni relations, non-profit associations, or higher education.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with student, faculty, staff and alumni of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College's alumni relations activities and promotes an active and engaged alumni base.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive alumni relations program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Participates in developing strategy; oversees programmatic and administrative support to increase involvement among alumni
- Develops and manages an annual schedule of reunion events and other alumni activities; oversees alumni communications
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the College to promote and improve alumni participation
- Prepares reports and presentations evaluating outcomes of department events and activities
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with alumni donors and volunteers
- Supervises office operations; administers department and/or events budget(s)
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Alumni Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
July 7, 2017. Review of resumes to begin June 20, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Alumni Engagement Manager
Job ID: 16903
Full/Part Time: Full-Time