Part-time Career Navigator
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-052
Posting Start Date: 6/7/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $12,863.20/ 7 month contract
Part-time Career Navigator
***Please note this is a 7 month long contract, part time position***
This position consist of assisting in ensuring that all students will be fully informed, and can successfully transition into integrated competitive employment. By coordinating with businesses, local, state and federal agencies to place students in a pre-cyber job related field.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with participants to identify internship and employment opportunities.
- Train employers regarding support needs of individuals.
- rovide coaching, feedback, counseling when necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective working partnerships.
- Track students' behavior attendance and progress.
- Coordinate services with relevant college departments and community agencies.
- Assist students with career research planning.
- Present and coordinate workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, and other related topics as it pertains to getting a job. Develop recruitment and marketing materials for integrated career pathway program.
- Expand network of employers and business organization in targeted career pathway industry sector.
- Maintain all documents and files in a data base.
- Assemble and update navigator program resources.
- Track and report students' participation in group and individual sessions.
- Complies with all college policies and procedures as well as pertinent State and Federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or GED/AA degree preferred
At least 3 years' experience job coaching or training individuals for workforce industry. Proficient in building resumes based on the industry jobs. Knowledgeable of interview process for companies. Must have reliable transportation.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.