Assistant Director - Campus Honors Program (A1700343)
Campus Honors Program
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Applications and nominations are invited for the position of Assistant Director in the Campus Honors Program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the internal functions and daily operations of the Campus Honors Program, which enrolls 500 undergraduate students of extraordinary ability and achievement. Primary responsibilities include financial management, supervision of CHP office staff and Honors House facilities, interaction with faculty on course development and scheduling, counseling students about courses and requirements, admissions management, and supervision of student databases.
Specific duties include:
- Development and supervision of the CHP budget for state, agency, and UI Foundation accounts. Financial record-keeping, and oversight of funds.
- Facilitates the admissions process of prospective CHP students. Interacts with the UIUC Office of Admissions and Records to acquire demographic and academic information for evaluation of applicants and with the Office of Student Financial Aid in the awarding of in-state stipends and out-of-state partial tuition waivers. Annual compilation of statistical reports on CHP admissions.
- Represents the CHP in meetings with prospective students and their families.
- Examines and develops effective pre- and post-admissions counseling and serves as the main advisor for post-admits.
- Coordinates and oversees planning for all major special events.
- Provides support and supervision for domestic trips and intercultural study tours.
- Oversees the preparation, printing, and dissemination of materials related to operations.
- Provides academic services and counseling to CHP students.
- Oversees the Honors Student Council.
- Interacts with UIUC academic departments and faculty for development and scheduling of CHP courses and seminars. Supervises CHP course enrollment and delivery, including registration, publicity, and space assignment for about twenty courses and seminars each semester for the CHP and Honors Living Learning Community. Communicates with UIUC college deans to obtain general education credit for selected CHP courses.
- Oversees the selection, training, evaluation, and supervision of Honors House office personnel. Has responsibility for general office management.
- Oversees renewal, maintenance, and security of CHP computing equipment, student computer labs, the website, and the administrative network.
- Supervises upkeep of Honors House facilities and oversees purchasing for the Honors Program.
- Serves as ex-officio member of the Honors Advisory Committee, assists with policy development, and provides reports to the Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in higher education operations is required. Experience working with honors students is highly preferred. The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Director require a thorough understanding of academic advising and university administrative and financial procedures. Knowledge of Banner Finance, Human Resources, timetable development and Registration and Records preferred. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing ability, and enjoy working with students and supervising a small staff.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is a full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment with 24 vacation days each academic year. The starting date is on or after July 16, 2017.
To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by June 21, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after June 21, 2017. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director - Campus Honors Program (A1700343)
Open Date: 06/07/2017
Close Date: 06/21/2017
Organization Name: Campus Honors Program