Position Number: 53001813
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Cumming
Job Close Date: 06/21/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Office Administrator. The Office Administrator provides administrative support to MBA program and other departments as needed.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will:
- Maintain working knowledge of all aspects of the MBA program including admission requirements, deadlines, course structure and events. Coordinate with the Graduate office on applicant processing, policy and procedure updates, maintaining student and prospective student records. Assist MBA director in recruiting follow-up, collection and organization of student documentation.
- Provide additional support to the Centers including maintain and organizing records, assist with Committees and Boards, coordinate events and conferences. Work closely with Career Services and other UNG departments to maintain efficient and effective processes. Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with faculty, staff, students, peers, alumni and business and community leaders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment
- Requires advanced knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc.
- Requires a general working knowledge of the department's functional area
- Campus or recruiting knowledge a plus
- Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Banner, or other office software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks; ability to maintain records, gather and process information; ability to work unsupervised; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to compose correspondence, prepare newsletters and create forms
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, employers and community
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Requires five (5) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.