Media Production Technical Support
Media Production Technical Support
Position Number: 53068173
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 06/23/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Media Production Technical Support. This position will be based primarily on the Gainesville campus, providing technical support in the media production facilities in Nesbitt used by the Communication, Media & Journalism Department but may also require providing occasional assistance on other campuses. Primary responsibilities are to supervise and maintain the soundstage, broadcast control room, and sound recording room, all of which house highly specialized equipment and need constant attention. This staff member will also supervise the student employees who work in the field equipment room and maintain gear in need of repair. The department is willing to fund advanced training and certifications for this position, but a thorough understanding of the film, television, and media production process and the equipment used therein as well as a willingness to pursue additional training and education are mandatory qualifications.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Media Production Technical Support will:
- Maintain sound stage, broadcast control room, sound recording rooms, and equipment room in Nesbitt building
- Supervise part-time student workers tasked with equipment check-out and check-in on Gainesville campus
- Communicate with manufacturers and the IT department about malfunctioning equipment then either repair, ship to company or replace
- Ensure media production facilities are set up and functional for particular class activities
- Supervise student film crews when no faculty are present
- Pursue additional training and certification on equipment specific to our facilities
- Help maintain media production equipment on other campuses
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with DSLR and digital cinema cameras, non-linear video and audio editing, and all standard gear found on film and television sets.
- Ability to patiently train and supervise students.
- Outstanding time management and multitasking skills.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Preferred qualifications: at least two years of digital media production experience and certifications in Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Avid ProTools.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.