Achieving the Promise – Peer2Peer Program Coordinator - Part Time Faculty
Montgomery College is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member serving as an Achieving the Promise - Peer2Peer Program Coordinator. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Achieving the Promise - Peer2Peer Program Coordinators are integral to Montgomery College's Achieving the Promise efforts. The individuals in this role will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Achieving the Promise -Peer2Peer Program. Responsible for supervision of Peer Educators/Mentors/Navigators. Assists in achieving the goals of the Peer2Peer Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the campus day-to-day coordination of the Achieving the Promise - Peer2Peer Program (Peer Educators, Peer Mentors, and Peer Navigators) to achieve the goals and objectives
• Teach a series of "Cultural Navigation" topics, focusing on preparing mentees to navigate Montgomery College
• Devise a recruitment strategy to engage African American and Latino students for targeted supports
• Track students' engagement progress and facilitate weekly group meetings for mentors and mentees
• Refer students to college's support services when appropriate
• Conduct orientation with new mentees and mentors each academic year
• Responsible for the development of the program materials as needed
• Hire/Manage Peer Educators/Mentors/Navigators on perspective campus
• Coordinate the training of Peer Educators/Mentors/Navigators
• Maintain accurate, complete records of programs and projects to provide weekly status reports
• Assist with the development of documents and reports
• Organize and provide presentations to Montgomery College community
• Other duties as assigned which are consistent with the goals of the Peer2Peer Program
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Master's degree; supplemented with one (1) year of related work experience in a higher educational setting
• Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population, including minority and international student
• Ability to encourage and empower students to make their own decisions
• Must have strong knowledge of, experience with, and/or demonstrated interest in college student leadership, and the development and implementation of leadership development programs/workshops
• Commitment to excellence in the development of student-centered programs and services
• Ability to act as an advocate for both the student and the college
• Ability to identify students' needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to address disagreements and problems directly and objectively using conflict as an opportunity for program growth
• Excellent organization skills and follow through with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to make sound decisions by considering relevant information, involving others if necessary and takes responsibility for decisions made
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the mission and vision of the Achieving the Promise – Peer2Peer Program and support organization decisions
• Computer and Internet experience required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Knowledge of College policies and procedures, academic requirements, campus resources, student life, and support services
• Worked in leadership development programing for students
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.