IT Communications Specialist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-07-2017
The IT Communications Specialist will develop and promote IT service marketing and communication efforts on behalf of Administrative Technologies. This position creates marketing materials for IT and communicates regarding IT services to ensure consistent messaging and uniformity. This includes development from initial planning, conceptualization and message crafting, to production of collateral material, such as publications, web content, emails, public presentations, and video/audio spots.
This position will need to influence the use and perception of IT services through professional communication and relationships. At times, the role will be involved in creating communications that can be sensitive in nature and impacts department or institutional reputation.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Information Systems or similar
2. Minimum 2 years work experience in communications, public relations, or in IT where written and verbal communications was a significant function of the role
3. Professional experience presenting to groups of varying sizes
4. Skill with a camera for photography and video
5. Skill creating dynamic graphics for marketing and communication efforts
6. Ability to connect with key audiences through print and online outlets
7. Experience creating social media content for an organization that engages its customer base
8. Demonstrated experience in successfully handling a variety of assignments simultaneously
9. Demonstrated experience meeting tight deadlines and handling stressful situations
10. Demonstrated ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action
11. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
12. Demonstrated facilitation and relationship building skills
13. Proven experience creating, editing and integrating graphics with other forms of communication to visually enhance the message
14. Copy-editing experience and openness to having own work edited
15. Proven experience preparing IT-related communications to a broad audience
16. Ability to lead and facilitate discussions to manage end user expectations.
17. 2. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
18. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Professional experience working in an IT environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.