University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Colorado in Denver, Colorado is seeking a full-time Dermatologist at the rank of Assistant to Associate Professor. This provider will see patients in our robust clinical practice located at our CU Dermatology Boulder practice located in Boulder, CO.
Duties in this faculty position will include teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
In addition, specific responsibilities will be as follows:
- This position is 100% clinical with an opportunity for clinical research as well.
- The supervision of a dermatology mid-level that is also working in clinic and seeing patients.
Teaching responsibilities will include participation in didactic lectures for Dermatology and Pediatric residents, and in conferences at the main Dermatology site in Aurora.
Academic Activities: To be negotiated with the Chairman of Dermatology.
Administration: All administrative matters will be under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration in the Department of Dermatology.
- MD degree
- Board certified or board eligible in Dermatology
- Eligibility for licensure to practice in the State of Colorado
- 3-5 years post-residency related experience (Title (Assistant/Associate Professor) will be contingent on years of experience)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently to build clinical practice
- Strong research interest
- Background in research
- Trained in Epic software
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The initial salary will be determined in part by Departmental commitment and projected clinical collections. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09829
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Jun 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kathleen Ryan Morgan
Posting Contact Email: KATHLEEN.RYAN-MORGAN@UCDENVER.EDU
Position Number: 00008097