JOB NO.: 90888-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90888-AS
Working Title: Access Specialist
Official Title: CLIN SOCIAL WORKER(R58DN) or ASSOC CL SOCL WORKER(R58FN) or COUNSELOR(R72DN) or ASSOC COUNSELOR(R72FN)
Hiring Department: A572570-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/CCS/COUNSELING
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 10, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
For appointment to the clinical social worker series candidates must have a master's degree in social work or related field.
For appointment to the counsel worker series candidates must have a master's degree in counseling, psychology or a related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1) minimum one year work experience in a mental health setting.
2) demonstrated ability do brief assessment, case management, and advocacy for clients;
Relevant training may be substituted for work experience.
Licensed or license eligible in Wisconsin as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist preferred.
Strongly preferred qualities of the candidate include:
1) experience identifying resources within in-network and out-of-network insurance plans;
2) experience with risk assessment and safety planning;
3) demonstrated awareness, knowledge, and skills to interact effectively with persons representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds, namely socio- economic, students of color, LGBTQ, and international students;
4) experience in college mental health, crisis assessment, confidentiality requirements, and referral;
5) demonstrated skill in working well under pressure to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
6) experience as a collaborator on a multidisciplinary team;
7) self-motivated, self-directed commitment to high professional ideals;
8) excellent oral and written communication skills; and
9) administrative and technological skills required to effectively document in an Electronic Health Record, and maintain a case management tracking system.
Under the Supervision of the Mental Health Services Co-Director or Associate Director, the Access Specialist provides brief assessment and referral for our triage intake system. They also provide basic case management services to undergraduate and graduate students with mental health needs through coordination of care between campus and community resources. In addition to direct service, this position will support other clinical functions of the agency including psychiatry, behavioral health, and counseling. Clinical services are provided under the supervision of a licensed mental health provider.
New Position; Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling/Clinical Psychology, or related mental health field.
Please note: Start date will be no earlier than the Anticipated Start Date noted, but may be later. Salary posted is the minimum. Experience will be considered.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Click the Apply Online link above or below to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume or CV to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 07 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 5 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time