Campus Web Developer
Salary: $72,750 - $87,000
Title: Campus Web Developer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: C&C Associate Vice Chancellor
Date Posted: 06/07/2017
Position Information: The Campus Web Developer, participates in iterative web design and development discussions; implements web development tasks toward the completion of campus web projects; collaborates with members of the campus community and other development team members on designing and developing user interfaces; maintains and updates existing codebase and web projects.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Demonstrated ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
Thorough experience with common programming tools. Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
Current working knowledge of the latest Drupal web development framework.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview