Admissions Diversity and Recruitment Specialist II
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $55,000
Under the supervision of the Associate Director for Undergraduate Admissions, organize and administer motivational and informational programs throughout California aimed at increasing UCR enrollment from high achieving high school students. Responsible for all phases of eligibility evaluation of freshmen applicants based on self-reported information, official transcripts, and other pertinent documents. As an official representative of the University, is available to prospective and admitted students, their families, the campus community, and the general public to interpret, enforce, and explain University policies and regulations. Represents the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the University at workshops, counselor conferences, college fairs, high school visits, and a variety of on and off-campus yield events. This position will run the length of one year from the date of hire. This career appointment has the possibility of extension based upon available funding and operational needs.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Demonstrated college admissions skills to include: a) recruitment of prospective students; b) evaluating applications, transcripts, and supplemental documentation; and c) making admissions decisions on prospective applicants, to include full consideration of academic records and subjective criteria.
Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to identify relevant concerns, identify patterns or tendencies, formulate logical and objective conclusions.
Ability to effectively manage a large volume of undergraduate admissions applications and multiple programs in a timely manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently in a fast-paced environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities.
Skill in organizing and setting priorities that accurately reflect the importance of the job responsibilities.
Working knowledge of admissions requirements for campus/school/college.
Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
Working knowledge of UC, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective applicants and the public.
Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate statistical data and policy.
Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs at UC.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview