The Pediatrics Clinic seeks a Registered nurse to provide patient care specific to disease management/specialization of work area including: skilled assessments, care plans and care plan implementation, evaluations or clinical interventions, and patient education.
Requires a specific knowledge base regarding advanced nursing skills to perform skilled procedures including administering IV chemotherapy/biotherapy, drawing blood from a PICC, Port or vascular access devise, flushing a PICC, Port or vascular access device not related to medication treatment, declotting a PICC, Port or vascular access devise, repairing a PICC, administering PO, SQ, IM chemotherapy, inserting a noncoring needle into an implantable port.
Will administer blood and blood products, administer IV medications for procedural sedation or anesthesia, removing a PICC line, stem cell transplantation, performing stress testing, or starting saline echo bubble studies. Performance will be quality/safety driven and reflected in sustained clinical outcomes.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking and sitting for long
periods of time.
Monday - Friday day shift
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient.
The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients. It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet.
Basic computer knowledge, MS Windows, Word, Outlook.
Some weekend and holidays required.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Prefer pediatric hematology/oncology experience, including experience with central line care.
Prefer candidates who also have one or more of the following: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; chemotherapy/biotherapy certified.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best represents your years of paid, full-time employment in pediatrics.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Do you have paid employment experience with Hematology/Oncology?
- * Describe your work experience providing patient care to pediatric hematology/oncology patients.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter