Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
The pulmonary critical care advanced practice provider (APP) is a member of the MICU critical care medical team. Under the direct supervision of a board certified critical care physician, will manage a caseload of critically ill patients with complex multi organ medical problems from admission to the ICU until transfer out of the ICU.
The critical care APP has advanced medical and nursing knowledge, and specialized skill and educational training related to the critical care setting.
The critical care APP performs physical exams; collects, interprets and documents data; conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; orders lab tests, procedures; prescribes appropriate medications and interventions; and formulates treatment plans.
The APP is responsible for formulating History and Physical's, writing daily progress notes, transfer and discharge summaries. The APP communicates and collaborates with various members of a multidisciplinary medical team to provide patients with quality care.
The APP utilizes current research findings to provide the most up to date evidence based care. The APP serves as a clinical expert and leader to nursing staff. The APP is also responsible for performing various invasive procedures, including: endotracheal intubation, central venous line insertion, arterial line insertion, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, lumbar puncture, paracentesis, and placement of swan ganz catheters.
Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
MICU APP III
7H363:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - PULMONAR
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, Acute Care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
on occasion, may lift objects up to 50 lbs
days, nights, and weekends
Technical and professional knowledge, dependability, time management, effective communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Minimum 2 years critical care experience as either bedside RN or APRN or PA preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Please describe your Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant experience as it relates to this position and indicate which license you hold.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter