HR Business Partner - University Technology Services
The Office of Human Resources (HR) at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources & Inclusive Community who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The Office of Human Resources & Inclusive Community is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of services in support of the University's mission, vision and strategies. The Office of Human Resources & Inclusive Community is evolving from a traditional operational and service orientation into a highly effective strategic unit advancing the broader strategic aims of the University.
This position will provide human resources consultation and support to the University Technology Services (UTS) division that include staffing, employee development, performance management, employee relations and compensation. This position will collaborate with the UTS divisional leadership and central HR in the overall strategic planning, developing and implementing human resources practices and programs that support the divisions business needs and help advance the University's Strategic Plan, Impact 2025.
- Serve as liaison between the University Technology Services division and central HR by consulting with and providing guidance and interpretation to divisional leadership on HR related items to talent management including workforce planning, recruiting, workforce planning, onboarding and other HR functions as necessary.
- Coordinate HR functions by balancing the needs of the division with the strategic goals of the institution and central HR.
- Act as a strategic partner for the division.
- In conjunction with central HR, provides day-to-day performance management guidance and counsel to senior leadership and other supervisors within the division to ensure consistent application of the institutions performance management guidelines.
- Provide employee relations counseling and guidance to divisional managers and employees in conjunction with central human resources employee relations office.
- Working with Shared Services and central HR, manage the applicant tracking system, job posting platform and talent acquisition process including the recruitment, selection, and hiring of a qualified, diverse workforce for designated business unit.
- Compile finalist and internal compensation data in coordination with the HR Compensation team to help establish competitive offers of employment for designated business unit.
- Work closely with divisional leadership, managers, supervisors, and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and employee retention.
- Work with divisional leadership to identify training needs and deliver learning programs to levels of staff within the IT division from entry level employees to executive level coaching needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and application of effective organization design, workforce planning, recruiting, selection, on-boarding, performance management, employee relations and delivering learning programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment laws including but not limited to related to EEO, FLSA, FMLA, etc.,
- Strong presentation skills to deliver effective programs related to human resource initiatives, programs and updates.
- Ability to work effectively in an inclusive environment with population and varying work styles.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships both inside and outside of the division.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and across teams with a focus on service orientation.
- Customer-focused orientation with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a focus in business administration, human resources or a related field.
- 4 years of experience working in a human resource generalist or human resource business partner capacity.
- At least 2 years of experience providing human resource support in an IT environment.
- Previous experience within the higher education field.
- Certification in Human Resource Management from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.