Assistant to the Chairperson - Fashion (1717)
Supervises the daily fashion office operations. Assists the chairperson with administrative duties.
- Oversee department office to ensure smooth and responsive operation (i.e., answer phones, take and route messages, assist students, deliver and pick up paperwork, distribute mail, monitor inventory, etc.); handle in-person inquiries.
- Prepare, process and maintain appointments for the chairperson.
- Maintain studio facilities (report needs for repair, organize improvement projects, track condition of sewing machinery).
- Manage operations budget, track expenses, and process payments.
- Manage department-wide communications to students and faculty; maintain a variety of departmental databases including email lists.
- Hire and supervise work-study students.
- Assist with coordinated special events such as annual fashion show and lecture series.
- Integrate diversity and related principles into all aspects of staff engagement, as appropriate, and foster development of positive environment for diversity and inclusion.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: B.A. or equivalent required. MA is a plus.
Experience: 3 years experience administrative, preferably in a higher education environment.
Knowledge and Skills: Above average word processing and spreadsheet skills; able to generate and edit your own and others' correspondence. Must possess a demonstrated ability to use MS Word, EXCEL. Ability to work well with diverse populations; and demonstrated level of inter-cultural competence. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be a self-starter.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE