Coordinator of Student Support Services, UTC Athletics
Coordinator of Student Support Services, UTC Athletics - Requisition # 17000000T1
The Coordinator of Student Support Services, UTC Athletics, must perform the following duties with professionalism, positive attitude, and the highest standards of ethical behavior in accordance with the university, departmental, Southern Conference and NCAA regulations, policies and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising student-athletes including but not limited to football.
- Monitoring study hall and preparing weekly reports for coaches.
- Assisting with tutor scheduling, priority registration and class scheduling.
- Supervising and training tutors.
- Monitoring NCAA eligibility, satisfactory progress toward degree and graduation.
- Attending various meetings and events as assigned by the Associate AD for Student Support Services.
- Performing special projects and duties as requested by the Director of Athletics.
- Assisting with recruiting events.
- Maintaining student confidentiality.
- Implementing academic strategies toward student success and keep key constituents up-to-date on student progress.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of three years’ experience (may include internships or graduate assistantships) working with students at a post-secondary level and at least one-year experience working with student-athletes at the post-secondary level advising student-athletes for NCAA eligibility, progress toward degree and degree completion. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent customer service to a diverse population; strong oral and written communication skills; experience with CA, Banner, and LSDBI is preferred. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and copy of transcript for the last degree awarded as attachments to your application to https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000000T1
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.