Assistant Director of Employee Relations, University Career Services
Assistant Director of Employee Relations, University Career Services – Requisition # 17000000T4
This position will foster relationships with members of the employer community that provide students with opportunities to develop professional skills, integrate academic learning with work, and find employment. This position will also prepare students for finding suitable employment by enhancing their job search skills and capacity to express the relevance of their strengths to employers. This position will equip students for making career plans by facilitating awareness of their work-related strengths, interests, values, and understanding of the world of work. This position will provide comprehensive services and information resources that enable students to take active responsibility for their career decisions and job search. Responsibilities include:
- Strategically identifying and building relationships with local, state, regional, national, and international employers for recruitment of University students and alumni.
- Working with employers to develop marketing strategies to enhance employer presence on campus, which includes, but not limited to: campus recruitment, job postings, internships, career fairs, class/organization presentations, and resume searches.
- Facilitating relationships between employers and the University community, including students, faculty, staff, Alumni Association, Foundation, etc.
- Designing and developing employer marketing material, compose content, and coordinate timing of communications to employers.
- Leading the development and implementation of an employer advisory board.
- Actively participating in various local, state, regional, and national organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, Societies of Human Resource Management, National Association of Colleges and Employers, alumni chapters, etc. representing the unit.
- Compiling and reporting data on employer relations activities, assess employer relations efforts, and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts.
- Participating in career development programs coordinated by University Career Services, including, but not limited to, workshops, employer seminars, meetings within and outside of University Career Services, and other special projects developed to advance the Unit.
- Must be able to work non-traditional work hours including evenings. Travel is necessary with occasional overnight stays.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Two years of corporate/industry work experience or university career services environment is preferred. Demonstrated professional experience gained in business development, staffing, or civic government (Workforce Development or para-organizations, e.g., Chamber of Commerce) environments is preferred. Experience with college recruiting from a higher education or a business perspective is preferred. Must have a professional demeanor with exceptional organization; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making; ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional time management skills; exhibit a motivated and enthusiastic work style; confident working in an independent manner. Experience with marketing, negotiation, and strategic planning is preferred; familiarity/experience with integrating technology into relationship building and documenting effort is preferred.
Applicants must submit applications electronically through the UTC Career Site by visiting:
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.